Welcome to the USDLA Job Board!
Have a job opportunity to post on the USDLA Job Board? USDLA will post distance learning related opportunities (100 words or less) for 90 days. The fee to post is $150 for USDLA Members and $200 for USDLA Non -Members. Job opportunities will also be mentioned in our electronic newsletter. To post a job opportunity please click on the “Post an Opportunity” link below and complete the on-line form with payment. For questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Instructional Designer or Instructional Designer (2 positions)
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs is looking to hire 2 remote positions, Senior Instructional Designer and Instructional Designer, who will support the University’s mission by providing primary instructional design support for the University’s six diverse Colleges with a focus of support for online and hybrid/blended programs. This position works collaboratively with other campus instructional designers and coordinates with the Faculty Resource Center staff to provide consistency in the campus approach to instructional design.
For full job description and to apply please go to cu.edu/cu-careers.
Director of the Center for Teaching Excellence
Our Lady of the Lake University in San Antonio, Texas is looking to hire a Director of the Center for Teaching Excellence to provide visionary direction and rigorous oversight of the University’s efforts to achieve innovative, high-quality teaching and to design, develop, and maintain excellent courses and programs consistent with the University’s mission and priorities. Responsibilities include providing leadership and support for curricular and pedagogical development, emerging learning technologies, online education, and best practices in teaching and learning regardless of teaching modality (onsite, online, and hybrid). For more details and/or to apply go to https://ollusa.
|Business Director – Online Education Unit|
Carnegie Mellon University’s new Online Education Unit is searching for a Business Director. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment.
• Support the VP for Teaching & Learning Innovation in setting and implementing the vision for CMU’s online graduate and professional offerings, including ongoing strategic planning and business growth.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the CMU Online operating unit, including
o Monitor programs’ enrollments, revenues, and other KPIs,
o Identify and analyzing potential adjustments to program portfolio and processes,
o Implement approved adjustments – directly, in team, and/or via partnerships,
o Manage the financial and human resources and the unit’s administration related to activities in marketing and student services.
• Partner with the Director of Design, Technology-Enhanced Learning and Online Programs, to ensure all business processes inter-operate with relevant components of CMU’s online learning design and approach.
• Supervise and support other personnel in the operating unit (e.g., Marketing and Student Services teams) to ensure that their efforts are well aligned with specific program needs and evolving market trends, enabling successful recruitment and retention of students.
• Build and maintain productive relationships with participating and prospective academic units’ program heads.
• Build and maintain productive relationships with collaborating administrative units, e.g., the Vice Provost for Education, Center for Business Engagement, Enrollment Services, and Division of Student Affairs, to ensure that they are well informed about our online program offerings and practices and can effectively synergize efforts.
• Represent CMU’s online programs on university-wide committees and to external constituents.
Minimum Education and Experience
• Advanced degree preferably in a STEM-related field and/or in management, public or non-profit administration, or higher education administration.
• A minimum of five years of academic or continuing education management experience with increasing responsibility in leadership that demonstrates knowledge and understanding of strategic planning, administration, new business development, team-building, leadership skills, and fiscal management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Demonstrated success in online education and new business development, including the ability to create and develop successful and sustainable academic and pro ed programs.
• Financial acumen.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in settings of social and intellectual diversity.
How To Apply: Applications received by 8/29/2022 will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. All individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete.
Required application materials:
• Attach a Cover Letter of no more than three (3) pages describing how you meet the professional and desired characteristics of the position
• Attach a current Resume, including educational background, professional experience, achievements and professional activities
Contact: Ferra Executive Search has been retained to manage the search. If you have any inquiries or nominations, please send an email to: Kevin Ferra, Founding Partner Ferra Executive Search email@example.com. Please use Business Director as the subject line when you contact Kevin.
Job Title: Vice President, Distance Learning and Continuing Education
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Chief of Staff/Chief Education Officer
Contact: Colleen Murray, Senior Recruiter, Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), firstname.lastname@example.org, (312) 755-7428
The following describes the various aspects of the designated job. Some or all of these aspects may be changed over time, with or without notice, at the sole discretion of the ACGME.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States (US) on a full-time basis. The ACGME will not provide employment sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B Visa or other US employment authorization).
The Vice President, Distance Learning and Continuing Education provides leadership in developing strategies for the effective attainment of the ACGME’s goals for distance learning and Continuing Medical Education (CME). The Vice President, Distance Learning and Continuing Education is responsible for collaborating with internal and external ACGME stakeholders to effectively use distance technology and learning methodologies to meet the multiple educational needs of the graduate medical education (GME) community. This includes collaborating with internal and external subject matter experts to create, deliver, and evaluate a variety of web, video, and other media-based learning activities in the form of online and hybrid curricula, instructional media, and other educational resources. The Vice President is responsible for the development and implementation of education learning strategy, as well as the assessment of outcomes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Promote the development and implementation of the strategy, policies, procedures, and standards of effective delivery of both distance education and CME.
• Oversee the operations of the Distance Learning and Continuing Education teams, including budget, finance, and vendor contracts; personnel and resource management; project intake/management processes; and the professional development of staff members. This includes delegating operations and project duties as needed to staff members in the Office of Distance Learning.
• Conduct educational/technology needs and gap assessments of GME stakeholders, including program directors, program coordinators, designated institutional officials, faculty members, residents, and fellows, to ascertain their needs and align findings with ACGME strategic priorities.
• Work with the Chief of Staff/Chief Education Officer and other department heads to conduct internal and external needs analyses to support the identification of trends and training needs to design learning solutions.
• Engage in strategic planning with Chief of Staff/Chief Education Officer and other ACGME Executive Leaders (e.g., Chief Information Officer, Chief Accreditation Officer) to align educational priorities with organization-wide initiatives.
• Develop, monitor, and communicate appropriate metrics in the form of Key Performance Indicators that align with learning event/product objectives and serve as measures of unit effectiveness.
• Research marketplace for new vendors and products that enhance organizational learning efforts; research markets for new and existing distance learning products.
• Identify and collaborate with SMEs to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate synchronous and asynchronous educational offerings produced by both the Distance Learning and Continuing Education teams.
• Develop tools for evaluation of effectiveness of online learning events and products that align with learning objectives.
• Oversee the development of educational programs for both the domestic and international GME communities.
• Incorporate adult learning, professional development, curriculum, and universal learning design expertise into the learning needs of the team’s operations.
• Oversee and manage various projects, timelines, and milestones, including needs assessment, curriculum development, media design, delivery, and evaluation of learning events and products.
• Serve as a consultant/resource for ACGME Leadership, departments, and units developing educational activities; help them adapt their education for distance and/or hybrid delivery.
• Provide support and professional development for internal department/unit staff members and external volunteer faculty members in effective distance facilitation, instructional design, and digital asset management skills.
• Other duties as assigned.
Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff. Supervisory functions include: makes hiring and termination decisions; prioritizes assignments and directs work; develops and oversees employee work schedules and approves time away from work; provides and/or facilities employee training and development; approves/processes employee concerns and problems and counsels or disciplines as appropriate; completes employee performance appraisals; determines or makes recommendations regarding new hire salaries and salary changes; and acts as liaison between employees and management.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field of study.
• Minimum of eight years’ experience leading a learning function in an educational or health care-related organization.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in the developing, designing, and adapting instructor-led and online curricula and training programs, including video and audio (e.g., podcasts) distributed via live (e.g., Vimeo, Zoom, Notified) and on-demand platforms.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience developing content for and delivering education via a learning management system or other digital content distribution platform.
• Knowledge of best practices in continuing education development and administration.
• Expertise in adult learning principles and education theory sufficient to utilize as a basis for product design.
• At least five years’ experience developing and managing e-learning and multimedia content creation software programs through tools such as Articulate, Captivate, or Adobe Creative Suite.
• Creative and technical writing skills for creation of scripts, surveys, interactive learning objects, testing, and certification.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work with diverse levels of professional staff members and to collaborate effectively as a member/leader of a team.
• Excellent oral communication and report writing skills.
• Highly motivated, self-directed, with demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as to function effectively as a member of a project team.
• Ability to meet professional obligations through efficient work habits, such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrating respect for others.
• Doctorate degree in a relevant field of study.
• At least five years of leadership experience in a GME, educational, or health care setting.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL SETS, AND ABILITIES
• Strong attention to detail and expert follow-up skills.
• Demonstrated sound judgment, common sense, and dependability.
• Ability to process existing and new information and apply information to novel situations.
• Skilled in working under tight timelines and comfortable balancing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
• Enthusiastic team player with a strong work ethic and demonstrated flexibility.
• Superior organizational and workflow management skills.
• This position is based in a typical office environment with no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
• Travel outside of the Chicago area totals approximately 10-15 percent.
• This position will require some weekend work.
• Most of the work performed is normally done in the ACGME office and/or home office with the typical physical demands of an office environment. During the COVID-19 pandemic, ACGME employees are working remotely until further notice. The employee must be able to work efficiently and effectively remotely.
The ACGME is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled and Veteran Employer. The ACGME welcomes differences in the form of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, geography, socioeconomic status, age, politics, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression status. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.
University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson
Director, Arizona Telemedicine Program
The Program Director of the Arizona Telemedicine Program (ATP) is a full-time opportunity primarily responsible for developing, implementing, supporting, and evaluating strategies to increase telehealth activities in rural, urban, and underserved areas statewide. Duties include the development and oversight of educational programs, training and technical assistance, and the development of a long-term strategic plan. The Director is also responsible for pursuing external funding opportunities, providing progress reports to funding agencies, meeting program objectives, and staffing the program.
Learn More and Apply
|Riverside Community College District|
Distance Education Support Specialist
Open Campus Department
Open Campus department.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
EDUCATION: An associate’s degree from an accredited institution in graphics technology, computing, or a related field is required.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of closely related experience in computer graphics design, web page development, or a related field is required. Instructional or work experience in an educational setting is desired.
Salary: $5,450 – $6,634 Monthly
To Apply, visit:
Louisiana State University
Vice President of Online & Continuing Education
Baton Rouge, LA
Louisiana State University (LSU) invites applications and nominations for the position of the Vice President of Online & Continuing Education. The Vice President reports directly to the Executive Vice President and Provost and provides leadership and ultimate administrative oversight for all aspects of LSU Online & Continuing Education. The Vice President collaborates with the leaders of the LSU campuses, academic colleges, and programs to promote existing programs as well as develop new, accessible online programming for undergraduate and graduate students as well as non-traditional learners. This position will work to cultivate programs that are consistent with the University’s strategic plan and meet local, state, national, and international workforce needs. The Vice President also has purview over traditional non-credit programs that engage lifelong learners from the local to the global scale.
To learn more, please visit https://www.lsu.edu/vice-president-lsuonline-search/index.php/
Applicants and nominees must possess a Master’s degree and experience in planning and administrating online and continuing education initiatives in higher education. The successful candidate will have supervisory and operational management experience of professional staff and possess a background of effective leadership with oversight of strategic planning, budget, enrollment planning, and forecasting.
Preferred qualifications include an earned terminal degree (PhD, Ed.D) and five or more years of experience in planning and administrating online and continuing education initiatives in a university setting.
Inquiries and letters of nomination may be e-mailed to Lauren Foster, Executive Recruiter, at email@example.com. The search committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and continue to accept applications and nominations until the position is filled. However, in order to assure the fullest consideration, candidates are encouraged to have complete applications submitted by Friday, March 11, 2022. Applicants must include a letter of interest; curriculum vitae; a written statement detailing past, present, and future contributions to promoting equity, inclusion, diversity, and access in their professional careers, and a list of at least five professional references. All applications, nominations, and inquiries will remain confidential. References will not be contacted until after the first screening of applications and then only after the applicant has given explicit permission. All application materials must be submitted electronically in Microsoft Word or PDF format. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications. An offer of employment is contingent on a satisfactory pre-employment background check.
American College of Healthcare Executives
Instructional Design Specialist
This position works with the Learn Management Team to develop and design digital education programming, including live and on demand courses. This includes course design in our Learning Management System (LMS) using HTML, editing video and other digital assets, creating SCORM courses, faculty management functions, marketing coordination, Zoom logistics and session hosting, and data collection and analysis.
I. Development and Delivery of Digital Programs 90%
II. Development and Delivery of Courseware for Higher Education/Self-Studies 10%
Vice President, Online Strategy and Innovation
West Hartford, CT
The University is currently evolving and expanding its graduate, continuing, and professional studies programs to engage new learners through alternative modalities. The Vice President for Online Strategy and Innovation will oversee the continued strategic development, infrastructure, programming, and staff management necessary to expand Fairfield University’s fully online, hybrid and blended program offerings. Reporting to the President and working closely with the Provost and the SVP for Finance and Administration, the Vice President for Online Strategy and Innovation will serve as the strategic lead for online education and support broader strategic initiatives related to access and geographic expansion. This leadership position will effectively partner with Academics, Enrollment Management, Marketing and Communications, and Information Technology Services as they continue to engage in the delivery of new programs through new modalities. Further, the position will provide administrative oversight over all external partner relationships and contracts related to online program operations, procedures, and initiatives. The primary goal of the position is to work with campus partners to manage the internal online organization, with supporting infrastructure, while simultaneously implementing a portfolio of sustainable online programs. This portfolio will constitute an aggressive growth agenda, including degree programs; as well as credit and non-credit courses and certificates.
Send resumes to this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Central State University
Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator-
The Learning Management Systems Administrator provides technical leadership in the support of Brightspace-D2L. More Info and Apply Here: https://careers.centralstate.edu/postings/5597