36th USDLA National Distance Learning Conference
Our 2023 conference will be July 17th – 20th, 2023
We are proud to announce the conference location will be the Wyndham Orlando Resort on International Drive
The Wyndham is in the famous ICON park and central to all the Orlando attractions. This is a great opportunity to catch some of the best distance/digital learning presenters in the industry and tie in a weekend of fun either prior or after the conference. To make this even sweeter – the Wyndham has agreed to honor the USDLA room rate for 3 days prior and after the conference – a no-brainer for extending your trip to beautiful Orlando!
The Conference and Events committee has listened to your feedback and is hard at work planning the details for the event. Improvements will include:
- We are moving the event back to our traditional hotel setting to provide more flexibility for you during the day to take a rest, freshen up, network with your colleagues and enjoy the venue
- All menus will take into account dietary needs and there will be plenty of refreshments during the day to keep you energized plus plenty of water, coffee and tea!
- ICON park has some of the best on-site restaurants in the area with something for everyone so no need to have a car, everything is in walking distance
- Better presenter preparation for those requiring virtual assistants as well as more audience interaction
- ALL sessions will be end-user led, with clear descriptions that share best practices within the world of distance and digital learning
- Enhanced keynote presentation area with over 9000 square feet of space designed for integrated gathering, presentations and networking
- Improved poster-session accommodations along with focused “power sessions” that eliminate fluff and get right into the important details on the topic
- Tighter integration of the of virtual sessions so that they are truly immersive rather than appearing as add-ons
The conference promises something for everyone:
- Opening Keynote Address
- Live Music Kickoff Party
- Pre-Conference Sessions
- 60+ Concurrent Sessions
- Virtual Option for ALL Sessions
- Main Keynote Address
- International Awards Celebration
- Bill Jackson Memorial Walk/Run
- Night on the Town
- Public Policy Forum
- Closing Keynote Address
Our USDLA National Conference has long been an event where we mingle, discuss technology and learn from an audience broader than our own. Nothing can replace those live in-person interactions and conference feedback has always focused on those personal relationships made with one another.
For our 36th anniversary will be focusing on tracks that are in high demand as we continue to navigate both remote and in-person learning strategies. These tracks include:
- Leadership tracks
- HyFlex Strategies for Success
- Student Engagement Techniques
- Distance and Digital Learning Policy and Regulatory Landscape
- Online Teaching and Training
- A Look Ahead – Educational Environment Five Years Out
- Professional Development for the Online Staff/Faculty
We also have a lineup of incredible speakers including a main keynote address from Will Bowen, award-winning author and motivational speaker that has been featured on Oprah, NBC’s Today Show, Forbes, Newsweek, Chicken Soup for the Soul and dozens of other high-impact show. You don’t want to miss Will!
To get the conference started we have Dr. Jack Thomas from Central State University, a noted scholar and lecturer, as well as a highly sought-after keynote speaker. He will be sharing his research and inspirational messages with our attendees and is sure to get us started for a great conference.
To keep us motivated mid-week, we have Dr. Makola Abdullah from Virginia State University, a leader and academic visionary committed to excellence. He is an internationally-renowned educator recognized for outstanding research as well as past provost and senior vice president at Bethune-Cookman University
USDLA Event Kickoff Speaker – Dr. Jack Thomas – Central State University
USDLA Keynote Speaker – Will Bowen – Complaint Free Movement
USDLA Midweek Speaker – Dr. Makola Abdullah – Virginia State University