37th USDLA National Distance Learning Conference
Dates: TBD, Stay Tuned!
Location: TBD, Stay Tuned!
What are past attendees, partners and members saying about the conference? Listen below:
“It’s Distance Learning’s Time to Shine”
The Conference and Events committee has listened to your feedback and is hard at work planning the details for the event. Enhancements will include:
- We are moving the event back to our traditional hotel setting to provide more flexibility for you during the day to take a rest, freshen up, network with your colleagues and enjoy the venue
- In fact, it’s more than a hotel – the Wyndham Orlando is a resort!
- All menus will take into account dietary needs and there will be plenty of refreshments during the day to keep you energized plus plenty of water, coffee and tea!
- ICON park has some of the best on-site restaurants in the area with something for everyone so no need to have a car, everything is in walking distance
- Better presenter preparation for those requiring virtual assistants as well as more audience interaction
- ALL sessions will be end-user led, with clear descriptions that share best practices within the world of distance and digital learning
- Enhanced keynote presentation area with over 9000 square feet of space designed for integrated gathering, presentations and networking
- Improved poster-session accommodations along with focused “power sessions” that eliminate fluff and get right into the important details on the topic
- Tighter integration of the of virtual sessions so that they are truly immersive rather than appearing as add-ons
The conference promises something for everyone:
- Opening Keynote Address
- Live Music Kickoff Party
- Pre-Conference Sessions
- 60+ Concurrent Sessions
- Virtual Option for ALL Sessions
- Several Mid-week Keynote Addresses
- International Awards Celebration
- Bill Jackson Memorial Walk/Run
- Night on the Town
- Public Policy Forum
- Closing Keynote Address
Our USDLA National Conference has long been an event where we mingle, discuss technology and learn from an audience broader than our own. Nothing can replace those live in-person interactions and conference feedback has always focused on those personal relationships made with one another.
For our 36th anniversary will be focusing on tracks that are in high demand as we continue to navigate both remote and in-person learning strategies. These tracks include:
- Leadership tracks
- HyFlex Strategies for Success
- Student Engagement Techniques
- Professional Development for the Online Staff/Faculty
- Policy, Regulation and Governance in Distance Education
- Distance and Digital Leadership
- Ensuring Quality, Flexibility and Access (OER, Hyflex, and more)
- Innovative Techniques and Technologies
- Best Practices in Instructional Design and Learner Engagement
- Great IDEAs: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility
- What’s Next for Distance Education
Our 2024 Speaker Lineup
Coming Soon! Check back often as we will be updating.
Q: Do I need to register if I’m presenting?
A: Yes, either as an on-site or virtual presenter, both of which have discounted rates.
Q: What meals are included?
A: Complimentary breakfast and lunch are provided Tuesday and Wednesday with a brunch on Thursday. Dinners are on your own each night, however we are hosting an Awards dinner on Wednesday evening at a cost of $50 per person.
Q: Can I register on-site?
A: Yes, although discounted registration prior to July 17th is encouraged.
Q: What is the best airport to fly into and how far away?
A: Orlando International airport is approximately 20 minutes away?
Q: Are their restaurants within walking distance?
A: Yes, the famous ICON Park is a short 10 minute walk
Q: Is there on-site dining at the Wyndham?
A: Yes, both dining and bar service is available on-site
Q: Can I bring my family to the conference?
A: Family is welcome to enjoy the resort facilities while you are at the conference, however all conference activities such as keynotes, sessions and meals require attendee registration
Q: I am principal of a new online school based in Florida. What would you say would be the benefits of me attending your conference?
A: Past attendees say it’s the expertise you’ll encounter with like-minded professionals from an audience broader than your own, along with very personal networking. This is nearly always the #1 comment when we poll attendees post-conference. You’ll also find free pre-conference sessions that are very popular as are the concurrent sessions that run through the week.