This blog post written by:
USDLA Chair of State Chapters
I’m new to the position of USDLA Chair of State Chapters this year, and am thoroughly enjoying the opportunity to work with and get to know the outstanding leaders in distance learning organizations throughout the nation. Many of the State Chapter leaders have a long history in the field of distance learning and provide such valuable insight and expertise to USDLA, which is especially valued as we celebrate USDLA’s 30th anniversary.
USDLA State Chapters represent local organizations of the national association and support the promotion, development, and application of distance learning for educating and training. Many State Chapters host local and regional events of great value for distance learning professionals, including: webinars, symposiums, luncheons, workshops and conferences. Some also host social media sites (like Facebook), or provide digital newsletters to connect their members throughout the year.
Members of a USDLA State Chapter are considered associate members of USDLA with many of the same benefits as individual or institutional members, including:
– Access to industry leaders within Education, Corporate, Healthcare and Military
– Industry updates on the latest teaching, learning and technology trends
– Online research library—reports, journals, articles
– Members-only webinars focused on community best practices
– Personalized USDLA Connect! social networking account
– National legislative representation in Washington, DC
– Networking opportunities with USDLA Board members
– Industry job postings
– Member networking with other Distance Learning and Telehealth professionals
– Discounts for USDLA events
Leaders of State Chapters meet monthly with the USDLA Chair of State Chapters to promote camaraderie and sharing of ideas and resources, and to provide updates about what is happening with distance learning in their state. Chapter leaders can also attend a pre-conference workshop at the USDLA annual conference to network, share, plan and learn from each other. These opportunities help to provide momentum and energy for leaders to take back to their organizations.
Are you a member of a USDLA State Chapter? Does your state have a USDLA State Chapter? See contact information for each state at this web page (https://usdlastaging.wpengine.com/chapters/chapter-members) or contact me, Linda Dickeson, USDLA Chair of State Chapters (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.