The purpose of National Distance Learning Week is to generate greater awareness and appreciation for distance learning, including K-12, Higher Education, Corporate and Military, while recognizing leaders and best practices in the field. Therefore, we urge you to conduct local or national events during this time—whether you are a professional engaged in the day-to-day practice of distance learning, or an individual or organization that provides products and services being distributed via the Internet, video conferencing, or satellite technologies.
There are a variety of ways to participate in National Distance Learning Week, from hosting a distance learning webinar to donating computers to educational facilities. Here is just a short list of ideas:
- Provide a link from your website, wiki or blog to the NDLW site (download a logo at http://www.ndlw.org/media.html )
- Send an email to your communities inviting them to the NDLW site or to your own NDLW promotional event
- Help your clients to host an NDLW event within or outside their organization for educational outreach
- Participate in one of our live webinars (http://www.ndlw.org/learners.html )
- Launch new products and services during NDLW
- Provide content/giveaways for the NDLW website that promotes distance learning awareness in some way. Although content may be branded, please ensure that it is educational/informative in nature and not overly marketing oriented.
For additional ideas, more information, or press materials, visit www.ndlw.org.